Approved by Beacon UMC Church Council
Last Update: 1/24/2012
Location: Puyallup United Methodist Church (Puyallup, WA)
Members of Beacon UMC are planning to attend the upcoming Seattle & Tacoma District Leadership Training in Puyallup, Washington on February 11, 2012. Everybody is invited to attend. If you are interested in registering with the group from Beacon, please contact Garret Andres at email@example.com by January 31, 2012.
You may attend the workshops that are relevant to your ministry, but you may also attend workshops in other ministries.
Please feel free to forward this announcement and let Garret know if you have any questions.
- Reaching Multi-Cultural Communities
- Lay Speaker Training: Training Leaders and a few Preachers. Leona Weltzer, Tacoma District Lay Speaker Coordinato
- Stewardship/Finance Campaigns (includes web-based giving)
- Being in Ministry with Older Adults in the 21st Century: Kathryn Garnett, Conference Council on Older Adult Ministries
- Lay Leader Best Practices: Amory Peck, Conference Lay Leader
- Wellness/Taking Care of Yourself: Lessons Cancer Has Taught Me: Spiritual and Preventive Journeys: Mark Fredericksen, M. Div, N.D.
- Youth Ministry: for the Youth of our Churches and the youth of our mission fields
- Advocacy for the Common Good: How your congregation can become more involved in advocating for justice. Learn what the new Faith Action Network (FAN) is and its role across Washington state. Alice Woldt, Co-Director, Faith Action Network.
- Going Green! Successful local church initiative
- Website Use and Overview for Vital Congregations
- Membership Secretaries: Keeping good church membership records
- Church Office Administrator:
- Especially for Church Office Manager: Understanding Church Administration Work: Gretchen Engle, Administrative Assistant to the Bishop
- Finance, Treasurer and BOT:
- Understanding Church Audits: John Poole, Auditor
- Board of Trustees: Brant Henshaw, PNW Conference, Assistant Treasurer
- Financial Tips and Guidelines: Brant Henshaw
- Staff Pastor/Parish Relations: Pat Simpson, Seattle District Superintendent and Sharon Moe, Tacoma District Superintendent
For more information about this article, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.